In this project we work in partnership with 18 Self Help groups of mostly women to increase the production of indigenous chickens and their products. We implement this using the following strategies:
- Sensitizing and Mobilizing farmers to organize and work together in Self Help and Producer groups
- Providing farmers with training in Group dynamics
- Mobilizing farmers to save money for use in purchase of improved breeds of indigenous chickens
- Providing farmers with 50% matching grants for use in the purchase of improved breeds of indigenous chickens
- Providing demonstration training and facilitation on all stages of chicken management
- Sourcing and sensitizing our farmers on the markets available for indigenous chickens and their products.
- Facilitating our farmers to access regular services of a qualified veterinary officer who vaccinates and treats their chickens against common diseases.
- Linking our farmers to dealers of agro-products who supply affordable chicken medicines